A. 다음에서 ～ing가 현재분사인지, 동명사인지 구별하시오.
１. a sleeping car [동명사]
２. a sleeping baby [현재분사]
３. a swimming pool [동명사]
４. the swimming boy [현재분사]
５. a waiting room [동명사]
B. 다음 단문은 복문으로, 복문은 단문으로 고치시오.
６. He is proud that his son is an artist.
→He is proud of his son being an artist.
７. I am sure of John's coming in time.
→I am sure that John will come in time.
８. I remember meeting her the other day.
→I remember that I met her the other day.
９. I am sure that he was honest.
→I am sure of his being honest.
C. 다음 의미가 같아지도록 빈칸을 채우시오.
10. When he went out, he didn't say goodbye to me.
= He went out his saying goodbye to me.
11. We swam in the river. We enjoyed it very much.
= We enjoyed swimming in the river very much.
12. As soon as he heard the news, he turned pale.
= On hearing the news, he turned pale.
13. There is no going out on such a cold day.
= It is impossible to go out on such a cold day.
14. It is no use crying over spilt milk.
= It is useless to cry over spilt milk.
D. 다음을 해석하시오.
15. It is no good your getting angry.
→화내는 것은 아무 소용이 없다.
16. On seeing the policeman, he ran away.
→경찰을 보자마자 그는 달아났다.
17. I feel like going on a trip.
→나는 여행을 떠나고 싶다.
18. This is a picture of his own painting.
→이것은 그가 직접 그린 그림이다.
19. This book is worth reading.
→이 책은 읽을 만한 가치가 있다.
E. 다음 틀린 곳을 바로 잡으시오.
20. He enjoyed to swim in the lake.
21. She is fond of play the piano.
22. Nancy went out of the room without say goodbye.
23. Thank you for invite me to the party.
24. I am looking forward to see you.
25. Mary has just finished to write the letter.
26. How about go on a picnic next Sunday?
27. I don't want eating breakfast this morning.
28. Nancy is interested in to play the piano.